The Evolution Racewerks Upgraded Side Mount Intercoolers
have become a huge player in the 2.7t intercooling market and are the largest dual side mount intercoolers ever produced! Features a colossal 360 cubic inches per intercooler for a combined 720 cubic inches. Each intercooler features a high density bar and plate core that is 10"x8"x4.5" in size and has 15 charge rows. Through extensive testing of different types of intercooler cores (tube & fin, bar & plate) it was discovered that the high density bar and plate core to be the most efficient. Independent testing has shown that this kit is so efficient in cooling that it has cooled intake air temperatures (IAT) to almost ambient (outside) temperatures! Recovery is just as impressive. Lift the throttle to shift and IAT's drop instantly to temperatures before your run. That kind of performance is unbeatable! That's why the ER SMIC upgrade is a great solution for your B5 S4!
All of the factory lower intercooler hoses have been replaced with aluminum
hard piping preventing the factory intercooler hoses from
ballooning during boost and thus increasing throttle response. The new upgraded
intercooler end tank design has completely removed the factory "S" intercooler
hose as well. It has been replaced with a straight section of pipe connecting to the turbo inlet pipe. With the new improved design, throttle
response is increased and turbo lag is decreased. These intercoolers are capable of providing sufficient cooling for even the most powerful GT powered S4's!!!
- Large 10"x8"x4.5" (13.5"x8"x4.5" with end tanks) High Density Bar and Plate Construction Intercooler Core.
- Improved end tank design over factory. The new end tank design
completely replaces the lower "S" intercooler hose on the driver's side
factory intercooler. New design improves throttle response and
decreases turbo lag.
- Replaces all OEM intercooler hose with aluminum hard piping for improved throttle response.
- Intercooler piping features beaded, silicone "hump" hoses, and
T-bolt clamps to prevent intercooler piping from coming off from boost.
- Maintains ALL factory components, i.e. fog lights, smog pump,
horn, water squirters etc... Does not require any modification to the
bumper cover or fenders. Belly pan can be retained with no
- ER DSMIC Full Kit includes carbon fiber shrouds molded specifically for our intercooler kit. (carbon shrouds not available yet).
- Includes all hardware needed for installation.
- Automatic S4 versions are available.
- Limited Lifetime Warranty.