With the beginning of September looming it is, unfortunately, time to start readying for fall. As kids are heading back to school, though we officially still have a few more dog days of summer left, it’s a great time to prepare your car for the cooler weather. By making sure that your car is ready for the cold, you’ll be able to experience a winter free of unexpected breakdowns and to avoid being left out in the cold without a car. Fall car care steps should include the following:
- Schedule a comprehensive service appointment. Whether it’s for BMW service or VW repair in Denver, you’ll need to protect your investment with full-service maintenance to keep you on the road. Report any problems with sluggishness, hard starts or rough idling to your mechanic to have them taken care of before the cold weather makes these issues worse.
- Consider adding a fuel deicer to your gas tank once a month and keep your tank close to filled as it cuts down on the formation of moisture in the tank.
- Change your oil and filter more frequently if driving in harsh conditions over the cooler months.
- Have your cooling system flushed and refilled as recommended by the manufacturer.
- During your next Audi service or Porsche repair appointment, have your mechanic check the drive belts, clamps and hoses for any condition problems.
- Check heater/defroster operations and make sure that your windshield wipers work properly and that the blades are good and wiper fluid is filled to appropriate levels.
- Make sure that battery posts and connections are clean and have the battery checked for any possible leaks or charging issues.