So you’ve finally done it. You’ve rewarded yourself with the brand new BMW or Porsche of your dreams. Now, because it’s not likely that you’ve got your own personal mechanic at home, it is important to do more on a daily basis in order to keep your German-engineered automobile running in peak condition. These tips will make sure to pamper your vehicle and extend its excellence for years to come.
- Break her in easy. The first 1,000 miles is the time where you want to treat your new car gently. Keep speeds moderately low, resist accelerating quickly, avoid heavy loads and keep idle times to a minimum.
- Treat it kindly every day. Your performance automobile is meant to reach higher levels of speed and performance but racing your engine at start-up, especially on cold days, can reduce the lifetime of the engine by adding wear and tear. Avoid any of the extremes of driving if you would like to enjoy your car at its peak for years to come.
- Don’t get cheap with the fuel. Make sure that you only use premium, quality gasoline from reputable gas stations.
- Extend the life of your ignition by keeping your keychain light and simple. Heavy keys can wear out the tumblers and can lead to ignition switch failure.
- Regularly wash, wax and detail your car. Dirt and road grime can be very detrimental to the paint and finish of your vehicle.
- Keep an ongoing log. Jot down things like average mileage, strange noises, mechanic recommendations and other important info to keep on top of what may become an issue further down the road.
At Avalon Motorsports we understand the pride you feel for your German-engineered automobile and we feel the same type of pride when Denver residents choose us again and again for BMW service or Porsche repair. Our expert technicians strive, each and every time to fully service and protect your valued auto with unmatched service and professionalism.