We’ve all been guilty of choosing the cheap way out at one time or another in order to save a buck. But we’ve quickly find out that those quick and cheap fixes eventually end up costing us more time and money than we bargained for. This is especially true in dealing with auto repair and maintenance. Often using the corner repair shop because they are willing to work for a lesser fee results in shoddy work and recurring problems. Finding a reputable auto repair shop can be somewhat of a daunting task when trying to avoid being burned once again. Before blindly investing in yet another shop, make sure to ask these questions to help protect yourself and your vehicle.
- Does your shop specialize in my make of vehicle? If you own a luxury or performance vehicle and need say, Porsche repair or Audi service, it is vitally important that those working on your high-end vehicle are specifically trained for it.
- What credentials do your technicians have? Master mechanics trained for your vehicle make helps to ensure a proper service or repair.
- Is your service center an affiliate of the Automotive Service Association (ASA)? Being a member of the ASA means that the shop that you are considering adheres to a strict code of ethics that protect the consumer.
- Has your service center been awarded an Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certificate? ASE certified technicians have taken and passed rigorous testing requirements to prove excellence and proficiency in the field of mechanics.
- Do you charge for estimates? Some service centers charge for diagnostic testing; others may simply charge an hourly charge.
- Do I have the option to choose between new or used parts? Though you may enjoy some savings using used parts, there may be some loss of warranty coverage.
- Are there any payment options available? Ask only if needed for larger repairs.
- What guarantees do you offer? Make sure that the guarantee is for at least 12 months or 12,000 miles.
- Do you offer the use of a courtesy car while mine is at your shop? Those that don’t offer this service may offer a shuttle service instead.
At Avalon Motorsports, dependable, expert Porsche, Audi, VW, BMW repair and service is our passion and have been consistently as a top-rated local® choice for automotive service and maintenance in the Denver area. Call to ask us any of the questions above plus some and compare Avalon to the rest. We are confident that you will find that we are the choice for you and your vehicle too.